I`ll play left back for Germany if I have to: Podolski
Berlin: Lukas Podolski has claimed he would be willing to play at left back for Germany after struggling to secure a starting place in Joachim Low`s side in its World Cup qualification campaign.
The Arsenal striker has played just 15 minutes in each of Germany`s last two qualifiers, against Austria and the Faroe Islands, but is in Low`s squad for the forthcoming fixtures against the Republic of Ireland and Sweden.
"Everyone wants to play, but it is important that we reach a common goal," Podolski told Kicker. "It doesn`t matter which position I play. I would play at left back!"
Podolski, who has netted two goals in seven Premier League games for Arsenal this season, suffered an injury during training with Germany, but the national side`s assistant coach Hansi Flick insists the knock is only minor.
"Yesterday [Monday] Lukas and Mario [Gotze] received treatment," Flick told reporters. "Lukas Podolski had some problems with his ankle, Mario with some muscle problems. We decided to spare him towards the end of training today when it became a bit more intensive."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments
- Why Brexit is a harbinger of climate change?
- Bihar to use WhatsApp to repair bad roads
- Oops! People in Belarus are getting naked at work – See pics
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual don't come under third gender; give reservation to transgenders: SC to Centre