I`m not arrogant: Cristiano Ronaldo
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted that he is not arrogant despite media perception claiming otherwise.
The 27-year-old has been accused of lacking humility when compared to his Barcelona counterpart Lionel Messi by some quarters, with former Brazil and Betis star Denilson the most recent figure to chime in on the debate surrounding the Portuguese`s attitude.
However, this is not the case according to Ronaldo, who revealed how the joys of raising a family has contributed towards his development in becoming a mature professional.
"I take things very seriously. On the pitch I`m not someone who laughs a lot, and that might be bad for me, because people think I`m arrogant or unfriendly," he told reporters.
"Without any doubt, I think becoming a parent changes us all. For me, it is an honour to know that you are young and that you have a growing child with the same principles as you. It`s nice and I would like to have another kid because family is the most important."
"It is important to be with family and friends and put football aside to live and be happy. I like swimming, keep my body in shape and I eat well. I do what a good professional does."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda