I`m not the finished article yet, insists Messi
Barcelona: Lionel Messi might already be considered by many to be the best player in world football, but the Barcelona forward is convinced that both he and his side can improve further.
Messi collected his fourth consecutive Ballon d`Or earlier in January, and has been at the heart of the record-breaking Barcelona team as they moved clear at the top of La Liga in the first half of the season.
However, Messi insists that the game is not about collecting records, and his aim is to win everything he can for both club and country.
"It is not my objective to break records, I want to win every season everything possible with my team, be it Barcelona or the national side," Messi told Argentine newspaper Clarin.
"We all live trying to improve in every area of life and football, and I am no different."
Messi also says he thinks Barcelona could get better, but believes there was little difference working under Tito Vilanova compared to Pep Guardiola.
"Of course we [Barcelona] can improve, we will never be perfect, but I will leave that to Tito Vilanova, our coach," he added.
"There is very little difference [between Guardiola and Vilanova], they both enjoy playing a good possession game, and each have their own personality."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand