I`m not the finished article yet, insists Messi
Barcelona: Lionel Messi might already be considered by many to be the best player in world football, but the Barcelona forward is convinced that both he and his side can improve further.
Messi collected his fourth consecutive Ballon d`Or earlier in January, and has been at the heart of the record-breaking Barcelona team as they moved clear at the top of La Liga in the first half of the season.
However, Messi insists that the game is not about collecting records, and his aim is to win everything he can for both club and country.
"It is not my objective to break records, I want to win every season everything possible with my team, be it Barcelona or the national side," Messi told Argentine newspaper Clarin.
"We all live trying to improve in every area of life and football, and I am no different."
Messi also says he thinks Barcelona could get better, but believes there was little difference working under Tito Vilanova compared to Pep Guardiola.
"Of course we [Barcelona] can improve, we will never be perfect, but I will leave that to Tito Vilanova, our coach," he added.
"There is very little difference [between Guardiola and Vilanova], they both enjoy playing a good possession game, and each have their own personality."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him