I`m not the finished article yet, insists Messi
Barcelona: Lionel Messi might already be considered by many to be the best player in world football, but the Barcelona forward is convinced that both he and his side can improve further.
Messi collected his fourth consecutive Ballon d`Or earlier in January, and has been at the heart of the record-breaking Barcelona team as they moved clear at the top of La Liga in the first half of the season.
However, Messi insists that the game is not about collecting records, and his aim is to win everything he can for both club and country.
"It is not my objective to break records, I want to win every season everything possible with my team, be it Barcelona or the national side," Messi told Argentine newspaper Clarin.
"We all live trying to improve in every area of life and football, and I am no different."
Messi also says he thinks Barcelona could get better, but believes there was little difference working under Tito Vilanova compared to Pep Guardiola.
"Of course we [Barcelona] can improve, we will never be perfect, but I will leave that to Tito Vilanova, our coach," he added.
"There is very little difference [between Guardiola and Vilanova], they both enjoy playing a good possession game, and each have their own personality."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested