I`m not untouchable at Chelsea: Oscar
Rio de Janeiro: Chelsea and Brazil midfielder Oscar insists he is not "untouchable" at Chelsea, despite having won steadfast support from Blues coach Jose Mourinho.
Earlier this year Mourinho declared Oscar was his first-choice No.10 and the 22-year-old has not disappointed with five goals and two assists from 11 matches this season, reported Xinhua.
But Oscar says he does not take his starting place for granted, either with Chelsea or the Luiz Felipe Scolari-coached Selecao.
"I don`t feel untouchable. I always try to give my best and for that reason they (the coaches) like me," Oscar told O Globo Monday.
The former Sao Paulo and Internacional prodigy said both coaches were "winners", bringing different qualities to their respective teams.
"They have different styles," Oscar said. "Scolari is used to coaching national teams and Mourinho clubs. Both are very successful. They are professionals as well as winners."
In a wide-ranging interview, Oscar affirmed there was a lighter side to Mourinho, suggesting the 50-year-old Portuguese is misunderstood.
"He is very different to the what people see from the outside," Oscar said."He jokes quite a lot. What he says grabs the headlines because he says what he thinks is needed for the team to benefit.
"But he is a lot more relaxed than what he is made out to be. You just can`t lose a match or he will get angry. He is seen as a guy who during his first spell at the club transformed Chelsea. The fans like him a lot and have high expectations."
Oscar also revealed that he had been pursued by Mourinho, then coach of Real Madrid, during an international fixture last year.
"It was the match against Denmark. We were going to negotiate, but Real was full of players who play in the same position and I would not have had many opportunities," Oscar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH