I`m not worried about Mourinho`s future: Ronaldo
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted he is "not worried" about Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho in the wake of his side`s Champions League semi-final elimination at the hands of Borussia Dortmund.
Despite a pair of late goals, the Blancos still exited the competition on Tuesday, having felled 4-3 on aggregate in the tie, but their fate was overshadowed by their trainer`s admission that he could be headed for England next season.
Nonetheless, Ronaldo assured Madrid fans that talk of his compatriot possibly leaving Madrid at the end of the campaign is not playing on his mind and instead is only focused on the team`s fortunes and his own future at the club.
"I don`t want to talk about [Mourinho`s future], I`m only worried about the team and myself, not [the speculation surrounding] the coach," the winger said after the match at the Santiago Bernabeu.
"[Neither am I] concerned about my renewal, I have two more years on my contract. I want to win wherever I am. I feel very good here with the fans. I`m fine."
Ronaldo then gave his assessment of both his own display and that of Madrid`s, and while he conceded his own performance levels should have been higher on the night, he was confident the side could challenge for the Decima again.
"I felt good and didn`t encounter any problems. I could have done better and scored a goal but I will not explain why that wasn`t the case. I always try to give my best in games," the 28-year-old added.
"We could`ve been in the final, we showed we are a big team and that we will have more opportunites to win the Decima.
"Next year we will fight for it. We`re sad, we are left to rue the final step and that`s difficult to take, but [Dortmund] should be congratulated because scored more goals than us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’