I`m not worried about Mourinho`s future: Ronaldo
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted he is "not worried" about Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho in the wake of his side`s Champions League semi-final elimination at the hands of Borussia Dortmund.
Despite a pair of late goals, the Blancos still exited the competition on Tuesday, having felled 4-3 on aggregate in the tie, but their fate was overshadowed by their trainer`s admission that he could be headed for England next season.
Nonetheless, Ronaldo assured Madrid fans that talk of his compatriot possibly leaving Madrid at the end of the campaign is not playing on his mind and instead is only focused on the team`s fortunes and his own future at the club.
"I don`t want to talk about [Mourinho`s future], I`m only worried about the team and myself, not [the speculation surrounding] the coach," the winger said after the match at the Santiago Bernabeu.
"[Neither am I] concerned about my renewal, I have two more years on my contract. I want to win wherever I am. I feel very good here with the fans. I`m fine."
Ronaldo then gave his assessment of both his own display and that of Madrid`s, and while he conceded his own performance levels should have been higher on the night, he was confident the side could challenge for the Decima again.
"I felt good and didn`t encounter any problems. I could have done better and scored a goal but I will not explain why that wasn`t the case. I always try to give my best in games," the 28-year-old added.
"We could`ve been in the final, we showed we are a big team and that we will have more opportunites to win the Decima.
"Next year we will fight for it. We`re sad, we are left to rue the final step and that`s difficult to take, but [Dortmund] should be congratulated because scored more goals than us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- There's nothing wrong in Oppn leaders meeting PM Modi: J&K Mehbooba Mufti
- 'India wants to be friends, but Pakistan, China have sin in their minds'
- UK report recommends special prison units for Islamist extremists
- My career all but over if ban not reviewed: Narsingh Yadav
- RInfra completes 100% sale of cement biz to Birla Corp