I ran to join Milan, says Mario Balotelli
London: Mario Balotelli says he has wanted to join AC Milan for a long time after completing his move from Manchester City.
The Italy striker had fallen out of favour at Manchester City and said that joining the Rossoneri is something that has long been a dream and expressed his delight at making the move a reality.
“I`d wanted to play for Milan for such a long time, but I played for other teams as the opportunity to play for them had not yet arisen,” he told the club’s official TV channel.
“Whenever there was a chance, I ran. The beginning to the season for me was negative [with Man City]. With this shirt I will do better.
“I come here with the hope of doing well again. The fans just want me to do well and I hope that I can return the favour. I did not start the season very well with City.
“I already knew this was the place I wanted to go. I hope my choice makes Milan great again.”
Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani revealed that the signing of Balotelli is a “dream” capture for the side and a transfer that everyone connected with the club wanted to see come to fruition.
He said: “Balotelli in Rossoneri is a dream that has been realised. It is a transfer that everyone wanted: club, president and fans.”
It is understood a fee of €23.4 million has been agreed by both Milan and City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened