I rejected Chelsea to join Aston Villa, claims Okore
England: The 20-year-old, who sealed a switch from FC Nordsjaelland to Villa Park on Thursday, is looking forward to working with Paul Lambert after turning down the Europa League winners.
New Aston Villa defender Jores Okore has revealed he turned down an approach from Chelsea to seal a switch to the Birmingham-based club.
The highly-rated 20-year-old, who played against the Blues for FC Nordsjaelland in the Champions League last term, joined Paul Lambert`s side on Thursday for a fee believed to be in the region of €4.7 million.
And the centre-back has claimed the Europa League holders were also keen on securing his signature ahead of his move to Villa, but he is sure he made the correct choice.
"I have a good feeling it was the right decision to turn down Chelsea," Okore told Sporten.dk.
Okore says Lambert was a key influence on his decision to choose last season`s 15th-placed finishers in the Premier League, and is looking forward to progression in England`s top flight.
"I`ve got a good insight into Lambert and his plans," Okore continued.
"He knows what I stand for, and he knows what I can do. He hopes that I am myself and play the football I want to play.
"He believes that I can develop as a footballer, and therefore it was easy to say yes to him."
Okore, who was born in Ivory Coast, has been capped seven times by Denmark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India