I signed Man city to win Champions League: Kolo Toure
London: Former Arsenal star Kolo Toure has made the interesting declaration that he left consistent Champions League contenders Arsenal to join Manchester City - a side yet to establish themselves in Europe - in order to realise the dream of lifting the continent`s most prestigious prize.
When pressed as to whether becoming a European super-power is a target that City can achieve, Toure responded by remarking to the official website of FIFA, "That is my dream and something I want to be part of.”
"People here are working very hard to get there. We saw it happen with Chelsea, why not Manchester City?"
He continued by commenting on his delight that he will be lining up against brother Yaya for the first time in their professional careers when Barcelona host Mark Hughes` men in a friendly.
"It will be the first time I have played against my brother for Barcelona, and will be a great game," said Toure.
"We talk a lot. We didn`t talk about me coming to City at first but when I was signing and told him I was coming here, he was quite happy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him