I signed Man city to win Champions League: Kolo Toure
London: Former Arsenal star Kolo Toure has made the interesting declaration that he left consistent Champions League contenders Arsenal to join Manchester City - a side yet to establish themselves in Europe - in order to realise the dream of lifting the continent`s most prestigious prize.
When pressed as to whether becoming a European super-power is a target that City can achieve, Toure responded by remarking to the official website of FIFA, "That is my dream and something I want to be part of.”
"People here are working very hard to get there. We saw it happen with Chelsea, why not Manchester City?"
He continued by commenting on his delight that he will be lining up against brother Yaya for the first time in their professional careers when Barcelona host Mark Hughes` men in a friendly.
"It will be the first time I have played against my brother for Barcelona, and will be a great game," said Toure.
"We talk a lot. We didn`t talk about me coming to City at first but when I was signing and told him I was coming here, he was quite happy."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living