I signed Man city to win Champions League: Kolo Toure
London: Former Arsenal star Kolo Toure has made the interesting declaration that he left consistent Champions League contenders Arsenal to join Manchester City - a side yet to establish themselves in Europe - in order to realise the dream of lifting the continent`s most prestigious prize.
When pressed as to whether becoming a European super-power is a target that City can achieve, Toure responded by remarking to the official website of FIFA, "That is my dream and something I want to be part of.”
"People here are working very hard to get there. We saw it happen with Chelsea, why not Manchester City?"
He continued by commenting on his delight that he will be lining up against brother Yaya for the first time in their professional careers when Barcelona host Mark Hughes` men in a friendly.
"It will be the first time I have played against my brother for Barcelona, and will be a great game," said Toure.
"We talk a lot. We didn`t talk about me coming to City at first but when I was signing and told him I was coming here, he was quite happy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?