I signed Man city to win Champions League: Kolo Toure
London: Former Arsenal star Kolo Toure has made the interesting declaration that he left consistent Champions League contenders Arsenal to join Manchester City - a side yet to establish themselves in Europe - in order to realise the dream of lifting the continent`s most prestigious prize.
When pressed as to whether becoming a European super-power is a target that City can achieve, Toure responded by remarking to the official website of FIFA, "That is my dream and something I want to be part of.”
"People here are working very hard to get there. We saw it happen with Chelsea, why not Manchester City?"
He continued by commenting on his delight that he will be lining up against brother Yaya for the first time in their professional careers when Barcelona host Mark Hughes` men in a friendly.
"It will be the first time I have played against my brother for Barcelona, and will be a great game," said Toure.
"We talk a lot. We didn`t talk about me coming to City at first but when I was signing and told him I was coming here, he was quite happy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family