I signed Man city to win Champions League: Kolo Toure
London: Former Arsenal star Kolo Toure has made the interesting declaration that he left consistent Champions League contenders Arsenal to join Manchester City - a side yet to establish themselves in Europe - in order to realise the dream of lifting the continent`s most prestigious prize.
When pressed as to whether becoming a European super-power is a target that City can achieve, Toure responded by remarking to the official website of FIFA, "That is my dream and something I want to be part of.”
"People here are working very hard to get there. We saw it happen with Chelsea, why not Manchester City?"
He continued by commenting on his delight that he will be lining up against brother Yaya for the first time in their professional careers when Barcelona host Mark Hughes` men in a friendly.
"It will be the first time I have played against my brother for Barcelona, and will be a great game," said Toure.
"We talk a lot. We didn`t talk about me coming to City at first but when I was signing and told him I was coming here, he was quite happy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!