I slept with the Champions League trophy: Ribery
Munich: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has revealed that he took the Champions League trophy to bed with him following his side`s 2-1 final triumph over Borussia Dortmund.
The Bundesliga giants have reached the showpiece of the competition three times in the last four years but sealed their first European Cup since 2001 with victory over their rivals at Wembley on Saturday.
And Ribery revelled in his side`s post-match celebrations into the early hours and ultimately took the cup home with him.
"I was up until five or six in the morning," he told Sky Sports News.
"I went to bed just before six and took the trophy with me. I had the trophy and my wife in bed with me last night."
Arjen Robben`s late winner was enough to see off Dortmund, who had cancelled out Mario Mandzukic`s opener with an Ilkay Gundogan penalty.
Bayern have the chance to complete their first-ever treble with a win over Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal final on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey