I slept with the Champions League trophy: Ribery
Munich: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has revealed that he took the Champions League trophy to bed with him following his side`s 2-1 final triumph over Borussia Dortmund.
The Bundesliga giants have reached the showpiece of the competition three times in the last four years but sealed their first European Cup since 2001 with victory over their rivals at Wembley on Saturday.
And Ribery revelled in his side`s post-match celebrations into the early hours and ultimately took the cup home with him.
"I was up until five or six in the morning," he told Sky Sports News.
"I went to bed just before six and took the trophy with me. I had the trophy and my wife in bed with me last night."
Arjen Robben`s late winner was enough to see off Dortmund, who had cancelled out Mario Mandzukic`s opener with an Ilkay Gundogan penalty.
Bayern have the chance to complete their first-ever treble with a win over Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal final on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list