I slept with the Champions League trophy: Ribery
Munich: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has revealed that he took the Champions League trophy to bed with him following his side`s 2-1 final triumph over Borussia Dortmund.
The Bundesliga giants have reached the showpiece of the competition three times in the last four years but sealed their first European Cup since 2001 with victory over their rivals at Wembley on Saturday.
And Ribery revelled in his side`s post-match celebrations into the early hours and ultimately took the cup home with him.
"I was up until five or six in the morning," he told Sky Sports News.
"I went to bed just before six and took the trophy with me. I had the trophy and my wife in bed with me last night."
Arjen Robben`s late winner was enough to see off Dortmund, who had cancelled out Mario Mandzukic`s opener with an Ilkay Gundogan penalty.
Bayern have the chance to complete their first-ever treble with a win over Stuttgart in the DFB-Pokal final on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics