I want regular playing time: David Villa
Barcelona: David Villa is desperate to get more playing time at Barcelona, but realises that it will not be easy as he faces stiff competition for a place in the starting XI at the Blaugrana.
The 30-year-old featured from the start in Tuesday`s 3-0 Copa del Rey win over Alaves, and netted once to take his season tally to five, even though he has mainly been used as a substitute so far this term.
"Like any footballer, I want to play as much as possible," Villa was quoted as saying on the official Barcelona website.
"I play at the best club in the world, though, and the competition to get playing time is very fierce. We play a lot of games and there are a lot of competitions. I’m at the coach’s disposition. There’s another game on Saturday.
"I’m pleased with my performance against Alaves. I’m returning to form and that’s really good for me, I feel good on the pitch."
Barcelona resume La Liga action on Saturday when they host Celta Vigo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder