I want the Champions League with Madrid: Gareth Bale
Madrid: Gareth Bale has made it clear that winning the Champions League with Real Madrid is one of his main objectives following his €100 million transfer from Tottenham.
The Santiago Bernabeu side last won European club football`s elite competition in 2002 when they beat Bayer Leverkusen and have been chasing their 10th European Cup ever since.
That wait is soon to come to and end if it`s up to Bale, though, as he`s desperate for Champions League glory.
"Everybody knows that Real Madrid want to win everything. They’re known for that. It was a massive reason for coming here," the 24-year-old said at a press conference.
"I wanted to play Champions League football, we want to win Real Madrid`s 10th European Cup. I want to win the Champions League here.
"It’s the biggest club in the world and we want to win the biggest trophies in the world. It’s a big reason I’m here.
"I remember [Zinedine] Zidane scoring the winning goal in the  Champions League final. For me, Real Madrid have always been the best club."
The Welshman then revealed that former Spurs team-mate Luka Modric advised him to join Madrid, while adding that going to Manchester United was never an option.
"I`ve kept in touch with Modric since he left Spurs, he recommended that I come here. We both know what a big club this is.
"United? I was always set on Real Madrid."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers