I want to help Messi stay the best: Neymar
Spain:The new Barcelona signing is determined to contribute to the team and is looking forward to playing at Camp Nou next season.
Neymar says he wants to help Lionel Messi continue to be the best player in the world following the Brazil international`s move from Santos to Barcelona.
The 21-year-old sealed a €57 million move to Camp Nou last week following months of speculation and is relishing the prospect of linking up with the Argentine.
"I want to help the team. Barca are more than a club," the Selecao star said at his unveiling.
"I want to help Messi to continue being the best player in the world. I am very happy to be a Barca player. It`s a dream come true.
"I`m very happy. It`s very emotional. It`s very exciting to be a Barca player. It`s a dream, thank you very much."
Neymar was introduced to fans at Camp Nou, who have watched several Brazilians flourish at the club in years gone by, though the former Peixe player refused to compare himself with the likes of Romario and Ronaldo.
"Those Brazilian players you`ve mentioned are great players, idols. I`m not going to compare myself to any of them. I`ve come to Barcelona to help the team," he said.
"I just want to score goals, win titles and maybe write a little bit of my own history with the team."
The forward leaves Peixe having won the 2010 Brazilian Cup, 2011 Copa Libertadores and three back-to-back state championships, as well as scoring 138 goals in 229 matches for the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire