I want to make history with Messi: Neymar
Sao Paulo: Neymar says he hopes to make history alongside his new Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi.
The 21-year-old striker, who signed for the Catalan club in June for 57 million euros, has previously said he merely hopes to help the four-time Ballon d`Or winner "get even better".
But speaking to the press here, Neymar revealed loftier expectations and struck fear into the hearts of La Liga and European rivals, reports Xinhua.
"I hope it will be a partnership to make history. We have everything for that to happen and it`s an honour, a dream come true, to play alongside the best in the world and that is what persuaded me choose Barcelona," the Brazil star said.
Neymar will begin training with his new team-mates July 25 after being given extra time off following Brazil`s Confederations Cup triumph. He admitted to have mixed emotions about leaving Brazil.
"I had a great story with Santos but now I have a new club, a new life and everything is focused on Barcelona." he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test