I want to make history with Messi: Neymar
Sao Paulo: Neymar says he hopes to make history alongside his new Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi.
The 21-year-old striker, who signed for the Catalan club in June for 57 million euros, has previously said he merely hopes to help the four-time Ballon d`Or winner "get even better".
But speaking to the press here, Neymar revealed loftier expectations and struck fear into the hearts of La Liga and European rivals, reports Xinhua.
"I hope it will be a partnership to make history. We have everything for that to happen and it`s an honour, a dream come true, to play alongside the best in the world and that is what persuaded me choose Barcelona," the Brazil star said.
Neymar will begin training with his new team-mates July 25 after being given extra time off following Brazil`s Confederations Cup triumph. He admitted to have mixed emotions about leaving Brazil.
"I had a great story with Santos but now I have a new club, a new life and everything is focused on Barcelona." he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on
- The journey has just begun! Sachin Tendulkar lauds Rio winners, predicts greater acheivements
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources
- Luxury car makers Mercedes, Audi, JLR rush to bring in petrol variants
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools