I want to see Neymar in Europe: Ibrahimovic
Rio de Janeiro: Sweden international striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he wants to see Brazilian star Neymar playing in Europe.
Ibrahimovic, who moved to Paris Saint-Germain from AC Milan in the summer, says it is time the 20-year-old showed his talent in the world`s strongest leagues, reports Xinhua.
"Neymar is a fantastic talent," Ibrahimovic said on the eve of Paris Saint-Germain`s Champions League group match against Porto at the Estadio do Dragao Wednesday.
"He is quick and technically very strong. He has scored a lot of goals and seems to have fun while playing. But we want to see him playing in Europe and admire him here because Brazil is too far away."
Ibrahimovic, 31, is the latest in a long list of high-profile names to call on Neymar to make the move.
Earlier, this week Santos coach Muricy Ramalho claimed Neymar had no choice but to leave his homeland due to his "persecution" by Brazilian referees.
Former Brazil stars Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Dunga have also said Neymar must go to Europe to further develop his game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert