I want to see Neymar in Europe: Ibrahimovic
Rio de Janeiro: Sweden international striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he wants to see Brazilian star Neymar playing in Europe.
Ibrahimovic, who moved to Paris Saint-Germain from AC Milan in the summer, says it is time the 20-year-old showed his talent in the world`s strongest leagues, reports Xinhua.
"Neymar is a fantastic talent," Ibrahimovic said on the eve of Paris Saint-Germain`s Champions League group match against Porto at the Estadio do Dragao Wednesday.
"He is quick and technically very strong. He has scored a lot of goals and seems to have fun while playing. But we want to see him playing in Europe and admire him here because Brazil is too far away."
Ibrahimovic, 31, is the latest in a long list of high-profile names to call on Neymar to make the move.
Earlier, this week Santos coach Muricy Ramalho claimed Neymar had no choice but to leave his homeland due to his "persecution" by Brazilian referees.
Former Brazil stars Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Dunga have also said Neymar must go to Europe to further develop his game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM