I will miss Neymar: Ganso
Rio de Janeiro: Sao Paulo`s newest recruit Paulo Henrique Ganso has admitted he will miss playing alongside national teammate Neymar at Santos.
Ganso was officially presented to Sao Paulo fans Monday, two days after signing a five-year deal with the club for a reported $12 million.
"I am going to miss playing for the same club as Neymar because I consider him a brother," Ganso said of the pair`s friendship that began at Santos in 2008.
"But I said to him that as soon as I start playing well for Sao Paulo we will see each other in the national team."
Asked how it would feel to play against Neymar for the first time, Ganso replied: "It`s just as well I`m not a defender because the guy is a genius."
Ganso is expected to make his debut for Sao Paulo within two weeks as he awaits the transfer`s approval by the Brazilian football confederation.
The 22-year-old`s decision to sign with the Sao Paulo ended months of speculation about his future, including reports linking him to AC Milan, Inter Milan and Tottenham Hotspur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say