I will miss Neymar: Ganso
Rio de Janeiro: Sao Paulo`s newest recruit Paulo Henrique Ganso has admitted he will miss playing alongside national teammate Neymar at Santos.
Ganso was officially presented to Sao Paulo fans Monday, two days after signing a five-year deal with the club for a reported $12 million.
"I am going to miss playing for the same club as Neymar because I consider him a brother," Ganso said of the pair`s friendship that began at Santos in 2008.
"But I said to him that as soon as I start playing well for Sao Paulo we will see each other in the national team."
Asked how it would feel to play against Neymar for the first time, Ganso replied: "It`s just as well I`m not a defender because the guy is a genius."
Ganso is expected to make his debut for Sao Paulo within two weeks as he awaits the transfer`s approval by the Brazilian football confederation.
The 22-year-old`s decision to sign with the Sao Paulo ended months of speculation about his future, including reports linking him to AC Milan, Inter Milan and Tottenham Hotspur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony