I will not celebrate if I score against Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo
Madrid: Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed not to celebrate if he scores in the Champions League round-of-16 tie against Manchester United.
The Portugal international enjoyed a six-year spell with the Premier League leaders before leaving them for los Blancos in the summer of 2009, and he still has warm feelings for his former club.
"I will not celebrate my goal if I manage to score at Manchester United," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by AS after Thursday`s draw.
The 27-year-old recently already expressed his gratitude towards Sir Alex Ferguson, and stressed that the United manager has played a key role in his development.
"[Ferguson is] a fantastic person. A human person. He taught me many things," Ronaldo told The Sun.
"Like I said before, he`s like a father in football. I really miss him and my relationship with him."
Madrid start the tie with a home game on February 13, before Ronaldo returns to Old Trafford for the second leg on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!