I will not celebrate if I score against Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo
Madrid: Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed not to celebrate if he scores in the Champions League round-of-16 tie against Manchester United.
The Portugal international enjoyed a six-year spell with the Premier League leaders before leaving them for los Blancos in the summer of 2009, and he still has warm feelings for his former club.
"I will not celebrate my goal if I manage to score at Manchester United," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by AS after Thursday`s draw.
The 27-year-old recently already expressed his gratitude towards Sir Alex Ferguson, and stressed that the United manager has played a key role in his development.
"[Ferguson is] a fantastic person. A human person. He taught me many things," Ronaldo told The Sun.
"Like I said before, he`s like a father in football. I really miss him and my relationship with him."
Madrid start the tie with a home game on February 13, before Ronaldo returns to Old Trafford for the second leg on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?