I will not celebrate if I score against Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo
Madrid: Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed not to celebrate if he scores in the Champions League round-of-16 tie against Manchester United.
The Portugal international enjoyed a six-year spell with the Premier League leaders before leaving them for los Blancos in the summer of 2009, and he still has warm feelings for his former club.
"I will not celebrate my goal if I manage to score at Manchester United," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by AS after Thursday`s draw.
The 27-year-old recently already expressed his gratitude towards Sir Alex Ferguson, and stressed that the United manager has played a key role in his development.
"[Ferguson is] a fantastic person. A human person. He taught me many things," Ronaldo told The Sun.
"Like I said before, he`s like a father in football. I really miss him and my relationship with him."
Madrid start the tie with a home game on February 13, before Ronaldo returns to Old Trafford for the second leg on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city