I will play for Portugal whether or not I`m 100% fit: Ronaldo
Lisbon: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has declared himself available for Portugal`s midweek friendly with Ecuador, but has admitted he is not fully fit.
The 27-year-old is believed to be suffering from a muscle strain and Portugal boss Paulo Bento is expected to make a decision on the inclusion of his captain on Tuesday, following a fitness test.
And Ronaldo has revealed he hopes to play some role in Wednesday`s game despite his minor fitness worry.
"I give my body and soul to Portugal. It is an honour to represent my country and I will contribute whether or not I am 100% fit on Wednesday," Ronaldo told a press conference.
If the forward is passed fit, it will see him come up against the man who replaced him at Manchester United, Antonio Valencia, and the United legend has spoken highly of his successor at Old Trafford.
He added: "He [Antonio] is a very fast player with great technique. It will not be an easy match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever