I will play for Portugal whether or not I`m 100% fit: Ronaldo
Lisbon: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has declared himself available for Portugal`s midweek friendly with Ecuador, but has admitted he is not fully fit.
The 27-year-old is believed to be suffering from a muscle strain and Portugal boss Paulo Bento is expected to make a decision on the inclusion of his captain on Tuesday, following a fitness test.
And Ronaldo has revealed he hopes to play some role in Wednesday`s game despite his minor fitness worry.
"I give my body and soul to Portugal. It is an honour to represent my country and I will contribute whether or not I am 100% fit on Wednesday," Ronaldo told a press conference.
If the forward is passed fit, it will see him come up against the man who replaced him at Manchester United, Antonio Valencia, and the United legend has spoken highly of his successor at Old Trafford.
He added: "He [Antonio] is a very fast player with great technique. It will not be an easy match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda