I will play for Portugal whether or not I`m 100% fit: Ronaldo
Lisbon: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has declared himself available for Portugal`s midweek friendly with Ecuador, but has admitted he is not fully fit.
The 27-year-old is believed to be suffering from a muscle strain and Portugal boss Paulo Bento is expected to make a decision on the inclusion of his captain on Tuesday, following a fitness test.
And Ronaldo has revealed he hopes to play some role in Wednesday`s game despite his minor fitness worry.
"I give my body and soul to Portugal. It is an honour to represent my country and I will contribute whether or not I am 100% fit on Wednesday," Ronaldo told a press conference.
If the forward is passed fit, it will see him come up against the man who replaced him at Manchester United, Antonio Valencia, and the United legend has spoken highly of his successor at Old Trafford.
He added: "He [Antonio] is a very fast player with great technique. It will not be an easy match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details