I will play for Portugal whether or not I`m 100% fit: Ronaldo
Lisbon: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has declared himself available for Portugal`s midweek friendly with Ecuador, but has admitted he is not fully fit.
The 27-year-old is believed to be suffering from a muscle strain and Portugal boss Paulo Bento is expected to make a decision on the inclusion of his captain on Tuesday, following a fitness test.
And Ronaldo has revealed he hopes to play some role in Wednesday`s game despite his minor fitness worry.
"I give my body and soul to Portugal. It is an honour to represent my country and I will contribute whether or not I am 100% fit on Wednesday," Ronaldo told a press conference.
If the forward is passed fit, it will see him come up against the man who replaced him at Manchester United, Antonio Valencia, and the United legend has spoken highly of his successor at Old Trafford.
He added: "He [Antonio] is a very fast player with great technique. It will not be an easy match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP