I will play for Portugal whether or not I`m 100% fit: Ronaldo
Lisbon: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has declared himself available for Portugal`s midweek friendly with Ecuador, but has admitted he is not fully fit.
The 27-year-old is believed to be suffering from a muscle strain and Portugal boss Paulo Bento is expected to make a decision on the inclusion of his captain on Tuesday, following a fitness test.
And Ronaldo has revealed he hopes to play some role in Wednesday`s game despite his minor fitness worry.
"I give my body and soul to Portugal. It is an honour to represent my country and I will contribute whether or not I am 100% fit on Wednesday," Ronaldo told a press conference.
If the forward is passed fit, it will see him come up against the man who replaced him at Manchester United, Antonio Valencia, and the United legend has spoken highly of his successor at Old Trafford.
He added: "He [Antonio] is a very fast player with great technique. It will not be an easy match."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!