I wish Argentina could be as successful as Barcelona: Messi
London: The Albiceleste star says that he desperately wants the national team to win trophies in the near future, and also wished Camp Nou coach Tito Vilanova a speedy recovery.
Lionel Messi has revealed that he craves the success he has been able to achieve at Barcelona with the Argentina national side.
The attacker has often been accused of caring more about the fortunes of the Blaugrana than his national team, but he said that he wants nothing more than for la Albiceleste to thrive under his captaincy.
"I wish we could win as many titles as we can in Barcelona and qualify for the World Cup with Argentina," the 25-year-old told Ole.
"I`ve had many nice moments with the national team and others that were not so good. Throughout this last year, we have enjoyed things and got together. I always expect to improve in everything, and that includes my career."
The three-time Ballon d’Or winner also extended his best wishes to Tito Vilanova after the Barca coach underwent surgery following a cancer relapse last month.
"Tito lives together with us [in Barcelona] and for him I give my best wishes that his health gets better," Messi added. "Outside of work, I always ask for health, which is the most important thing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir