I won`t coach Barcelona: Heynckes
Munich: Former Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes has ruled himself out of the running to be Barcelona`s new head coach.
The 68-year-old, who won the treble with the Bavarians last season and masterminded a 7-0 aggregate thrashing of Barcelona in the Champions League semi-finals, has been mentioned by the media and Blaugrana supporters as a potential successor to Tito Vilanova, who resigned due to health issues on Friday.
However, the one-time Real Madrid trainer dismissed suggestions he would be stepping back into the limelight at Camp Nou this coming campaign and insisted his days of coaching are over.
"I`m keeping myself busy with hobbies and sport. I have my animals and a huge garden," he told Sky Sports News HD. "I think it would be impossible for me, after working at Bayern Munich, now to take over a new club.
"I have understood the signals my body has been giving me and I am feeling good, enjoying the time I have for myself."
Celta Vigo coach Luis Enrique and Newell`s Old Boys boss Gerardo Martino have emerged as favourites to replace Vilanova after early suggestions that current Barca assistant Rubi and experienced Liga coach Marcelo Bielsa were in the running for the role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM