I would have preferred Neymar to sign for Madrid: Ronaldo
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striking legend Ronaldo has revealed that he would have preferred Neymar to choose Real Madrid over Barcelona.
The 21-year-old joined the Catalans for 57 million euros in June, choosing to sign a five-year contract with the Blaugrana over the Blancos, who were also chasing his signature.
Ronaldo, who spent one year at Camp Nou and five years at the Santiago Bernabeu, admits that the move would not have been his ideal option but believes that the Brazilian "legend" will still thrive at Tito Vilanova`s side.
"I would have preferred him (Neymar) to sign for Madrid, but it`s not for me to say," he told reporters in Las Vegas.
"With so many clubs after him it was difficult to pull off. But Barcelona is a great team and we know he`ll do well in Europe. For us Brazilians he is already a legend."
Neymar was one of the stars of the Confederations Cup for the victorious Selecao in June and scored the second goal in Luiz Felipe Scolari`s side`s 3-0 win over Spain in the final
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'