I would have preferred Neymar to sign for Madrid: Ronaldo
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striking legend Ronaldo has revealed that he would have preferred Neymar to choose Real Madrid over Barcelona.
The 21-year-old joined the Catalans for 57 million euros in June, choosing to sign a five-year contract with the Blaugrana over the Blancos, who were also chasing his signature.
Ronaldo, who spent one year at Camp Nou and five years at the Santiago Bernabeu, admits that the move would not have been his ideal option but believes that the Brazilian "legend" will still thrive at Tito Vilanova`s side.
"I would have preferred him (Neymar) to sign for Madrid, but it`s not for me to say," he told reporters in Las Vegas.
"With so many clubs after him it was difficult to pull off. But Barcelona is a great team and we know he`ll do well in Europe. For us Brazilians he is already a legend."
Neymar was one of the stars of the Confederations Cup for the victorious Selecao in June and scored the second goal in Luiz Felipe Scolari`s side`s 3-0 win over Spain in the final
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi