I would like Sneijder at Chelsea: Van Gaal
London: The Holland boss sees nothing but positives if the midfielder were to change clubs, while Robin van Persie revealed he has spoken to him regarding the national team captaincy.
Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal has stated that he we would welcome it if Wesley Sneijder were to leave Galatasaray for Chelsea in the summer transfer window.
The attacking midfielder recently revealed that he would be open to a reunion with Jose Mourinho at the Europa League holders after previously working with the Portuguese coach at Inter.
Although Van Gaal feels there`s not too much truth in the rumours linking Sneijder with Chelsea at this point, he thinks it would be a good move for all involved.
"Sneijder to Chelsea is just a rumour at the moment," Van Gaal told Algemeen Dagblad.
"But it would be much easier for me to keep an eye on his progress if he were to make the move to Chelsea.
"I could be at Chelsea within an hour from Netherlands and Mourinho is a friend of me."
Sneijder was stripped of the Oranje captaincy by Van Gaal last season with Manchester United star Robin van Persie taking the Galatasaray man`s position, much to the disappointment of the 29-year-old.
However, Van Persie has stressed that there are no hard feelings between the two over Van Gaal`s decision.
"I had a good talk about it with Wesley and he`s dealing with the situation pretty well. I have no doubt that everybody will help him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok