Ibe stunned by debut Liverpool goal
Liverpool: Liverpool youngster Jordon Ibe was thrilled after scoring his first senior goal for the club but admitted he was celebration-less as the Reds romped to a 4-0 win over Preston on Saturday.
Philippe Coutinho opened the scoring for Brendan Rodgers` side before Ibe doubled their lead, with further goals from Raheem Sterling and Iago Aspas sealing victory.
Speaking after the game, the youngster could not hide his delight at the goal and admitted he had enjoyed playing for the first team.
"I was waiting for the ball to cross the line; I didn`t have a celebration so I just put my hands in front of my face. I was so relieved and I looked at Brendan," he told LFC TV.
"I`ve always wanted to score in an important match, especially playing with the first team, so once that went over the line I felt so happy.
"It felt really good, especially scoring and playing with the first team. I enjoyed it a lot."
The goal marked another milestone for the forward, who made his first-team debut in the final game of the 2012-13 Premier League season against QPR.
And he is hoping to catch boss Brendan Rodgers` eye before the start of the new campaign.
"I`m just learning from the first-team players and trying to show that until the season starts. Hopefully I can do well," he added.
"I`m learning a lot, especially with defending. The gaffer is helping me a lot with when I haven`t got the ball, coming to tuck in and watching the full-back and centre-back; knowing what to do when I haven`t got the ball.
"Hopefully I can be consistent and play well [and] I can get a chance again in the first team.
"When I play, hopefully I can get a goal and help the squad do well this season."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured