Ibrahimovic can win the Ballon d`Or, says Carlo Ancelotti
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti is optimistic regarding Zlatan Ibrahimovic`s chances of winning the Ballon d`Or during coming campaigns, but admits that Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are strong possibilities to win this year.
The 31-year-old Sweden striker has collected league titles in many countries around the world, and has started his career at PSG in prolific form, scoring 10 goals in nine appearances.
Ancelotti believes that his player will have a better chance of winning the Ballon d`Or if they are successful this campaign, with les Parisiens currently leading Ligue 1 after 10 games.
"I think he [Ibra] can win it," announced Ancelotti, speaking to reporters.
"But he still has time to win. Last season he won nothing. Which is why he may have more possibility in a year`s time."
When questioned as to who he believes will win the next Ballon d`Or however, Ancelotti was happy to share his opinion.
"Messi or Ronaldo," he said.
Meanwhile, Ibrahimovic`s fellow summer signing Gregory van der Wiel shares his coach`s belief that PSG could win the title this year, though he admits there are some complications with moving to a foreign country.
"The hardest thing is that I do not speak French," conceded the Dutch international, speaking on the RMC Show.
"But I`m going to learn the language quickly... we have a great team. We can only move forward. Can we win the Champions League? Everything is possible," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses