Ibrahimovic can win the Ballon d`Or, says Carlo Ancelotti
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti is optimistic regarding Zlatan Ibrahimovic`s chances of winning the Ballon d`Or during coming campaigns, but admits that Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are strong possibilities to win this year.
The 31-year-old Sweden striker has collected league titles in many countries around the world, and has started his career at PSG in prolific form, scoring 10 goals in nine appearances.
Ancelotti believes that his player will have a better chance of winning the Ballon d`Or if they are successful this campaign, with les Parisiens currently leading Ligue 1 after 10 games.
"I think he [Ibra] can win it," announced Ancelotti, speaking to reporters.
"But he still has time to win. Last season he won nothing. Which is why he may have more possibility in a year`s time."
When questioned as to who he believes will win the next Ballon d`Or however, Ancelotti was happy to share his opinion.
"Messi or Ronaldo," he said.
Meanwhile, Ibrahimovic`s fellow summer signing Gregory van der Wiel shares his coach`s belief that PSG could win the title this year, though he admits there are some complications with moving to a foreign country.
"The hardest thing is that I do not speak French," conceded the Dutch international, speaking on the RMC Show.
"But I`m going to learn the language quickly... we have a great team. We can only move forward. Can we win the Champions League? Everything is possible," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP