Ibrahimovic escapes ban for gun gesture
Paris: Paris St Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic escaped a ban on Thursday for mimicking pointing a gun at the opposition bench in a Ligue 1 game against Toulouse last month.
The Sweden striker made the gesture when he was replaced during the match on September 28 but rather than a ban, a disciplinary hearing on Thursday simply reminded him of his future conduct.
French champions PSG, who are top of the Ligue 1 standings with 24 points from 10 games, travel to St Etienne on Sunday.
Ibrahimovic, who has scored five league goals this season, has been in terrific form lately, netting four in Wednesday`s 5-0 away demolition of Anderlecht in the Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding