Ibrahimovic escapes ban for gun gesture
Paris: Paris St Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic escaped a ban on Thursday for mimicking pointing a gun at the opposition bench in a Ligue 1 game against Toulouse last month.
The Sweden striker made the gesture when he was replaced during the match on September 28 but rather than a ban, a disciplinary hearing on Thursday simply reminded him of his future conduct.
French champions PSG, who are top of the Ligue 1 standings with 24 points from 10 games, travel to St Etienne on Sunday.
Ibrahimovic, who has scored five league goals this season, has been in terrific form lately, netting four in Wednesday`s 5-0 away demolition of Anderlecht in the Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire