Ibrahimovic is a huge threat: Philipp Lahm
Munich: Germany captain Philipp Lahm has urged his team-mates not to underestimate Sweden in their World Cup qualifier on Tuesday evening, warning them of the threat posed by Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
The Paris Saint-Germain striker has been in lethal form this season scoring nine times in seven league games for les Parisiens.
And the German skipper is conscious of the fact this will be their toughest match yet.
"Sweden are dangerous opponents, maybe the strongest team [that we will face in the group]," the Bayern Munich defender said in a press conference on Sunday.
"They are well organised in defence, and in Ibrahimovic they have a complete striker who can be very dangerous."
Lahm also welcomed Bastian Schweinsteiger`s criticism of the team spirit, encouraging his team-mates to listen to the German midfielder`s comments.
"I see Bastian`s comments as a positive, we should all listen to what he has to say and question ourselves," said the 28-year-old. "I don`t know if the pressure building is to blame, but we all know that nobody is guaranteed to win titles.
"It doesn`t matter how many times we reach semi-finals, or the final, in every tournament there will be four or five teams that are going to be difficult to beat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof