Ibrahimovic, Silva sold to PSG, admits Berlusconi
Rome: AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has confirmed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva have been sold to French football club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
"Yes, I`ve sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG," he told Sky Sport 24. "We will save 150 million euros (about $183 million) over two years."
Reports emerged this week that PSG would splash 62 million euros (about $75.6 million) to sign Thiago Silva, with whom they had agreed a deal in June, and Ibrahimovic, reports Xinhua.
Ibrahimovic`s agent, Mino Raiola, met with AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani Wednesday and then headed to the French capital for talks with PSG director Leonardo Thursday.
According to L`Equipe, the Sweden striker had agreed to the move in principle and Berlusconi has now confirmed the news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?