Ibrahimovic, Silva sold to PSG, admits Berlusconi
Rome: AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has confirmed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva have been sold to French football club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
"Yes, I`ve sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG," he told Sky Sport 24. "We will save 150 million euros (about $183 million) over two years."
Reports emerged this week that PSG would splash 62 million euros (about $75.6 million) to sign Thiago Silva, with whom they had agreed a deal in June, and Ibrahimovic, reports Xinhua.
Ibrahimovic`s agent, Mino Raiola, met with AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani Wednesday and then headed to the French capital for talks with PSG director Leonardo Thursday.
According to L`Equipe, the Sweden striker had agreed to the move in principle and Berlusconi has now confirmed the news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins