Ibrahimovic unaffordable for Juventus
Milan: Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has confirmed they ‘talked’ to Paris Saint Germain about Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but his wages are a stumbling block.
Italian newspapers are filled with reports of Bianconeri`s interest in the Swede, who started his Italian Serie A career in Turin before walking away post-Calciopoli in 2006.
"It is certain that Pavel Nedved and Leonardo talked about Ibra. Ibra is a great player but not the type we are looking for in terms of age and economic parameters," Marotta said Saturday.
"Without doubt he is a champion but at this moment Italian clubs cannot sign players who earn such high wages. We appreciate him a great deal, who wouldn`t like a player like him? However, it is not possible," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!