Ibrahimovic urges Rooney to join him at Paris Saint-Germain
London: Paris Saint-Germain player Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney to join him at PSG.
According to Metro.co.uk, Rooney, who reportedly handed in a transfer request over the summer, was strongly linked with a 25 million pound move to the Ligue 1 champions.
The England striker eventually opted to stay put, but amid fresh reports that he is unhappy at Old Trafford, Ibrahimovic has tipped Rooney to join him in Paris, the report said.
Ibrahimovic said that when there was talk of Rooney joining them in Paris, it was a prospect that excited him, adding that he thought the English striker made it clear in the summer that he wanted a fresh challenge, and things have not been going so well for Manchester United this season.
The Swedish striker said that if Rooney still wants to move next summer, or in January, he would urge him to come and play with him in Paris, as the only direction PSG was going was up.
Ibrahimovic, however, said that if he does join, he would have to get used to the fact that Zlatan scores even better goals than him, adding that he does not just want to play with great players, but with technically great players and that`s what Rooney was.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan