If I could get Balotelli for £7m I would be interested, admits Jol
London: Fulham boss Martin Jol has declared his interest in signing Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli, but admits he would "probably cost more than the Mona Lisa".
The Dutchman is reportedly keen on bolstering his squad after losing key players Clint Dempsey and Mousa Dembele late on in the summer transfer window, while also suffering from injuries to the likes of Mahamadou Diarra and Brian Ruiz.
And when asked whether he would consider a bid for the 22-year-old, Jol did not deny his interest in the Italian, but admitted a he could only consider a fee of under £10 million.
"He would probably cost more than the Mona Lisa but if I could get him for £7m I would be interested,” Jol told reporters.
Jol stated his usual distaste for signing players in January, but he admitted that he may have to make an exception this season due to the current circumstances he faces at Craven Cottage.
He said: "We never do much business [in January] because I feel that is a bad signal.
"We lost a few players two or three days before the close of the transfer window and that didn`t help because I felt we were the only club in the Premier League who suffered big time.
"We picked up a few solutions but we`re still building and if we can strengthen the squad then we will but not big time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender