If I could get Balotelli for £7m I would be interested, admits Jol
London: Fulham boss Martin Jol has declared his interest in signing Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli, but admits he would "probably cost more than the Mona Lisa".
The Dutchman is reportedly keen on bolstering his squad after losing key players Clint Dempsey and Mousa Dembele late on in the summer transfer window, while also suffering from injuries to the likes of Mahamadou Diarra and Brian Ruiz.
And when asked whether he would consider a bid for the 22-year-old, Jol did not deny his interest in the Italian, but admitted a he could only consider a fee of under £10 million.
"He would probably cost more than the Mona Lisa but if I could get him for £7m I would be interested,” Jol told reporters.
Jol stated his usual distaste for signing players in January, but he admitted that he may have to make an exception this season due to the current circumstances he faces at Craven Cottage.
He said: "We never do much business [in January] because I feel that is a bad signal.
"We lost a few players two or three days before the close of the transfer window and that didn`t help because I felt we were the only club in the Premier League who suffered big time.
"We picked up a few solutions but we`re still building and if we can strengthen the squad then we will but not big time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule