If I`m racially abused again, I`ll walk off the pitch: Balotelli
Milan: AC Milan star Mario Balotelli says he will walk off the pitch if he is racially abused again, after he and team-mate Kevin-Prince Boateng were subjected to monkey chants in their match against Roma.
The Serie A game on Sunday was halted after the chants began, but eventually continued and finished 0-0, with Milan holding onto third place in the league.
Balotelli has been the subject of abuse before, and though he stated that he would stay on the pitch previously, he now says he has changed his mind on the issue.
"I always said that if [racism] happened in the stadium I will just do like `nobody says nothing and I don`t care`," Balotelli said.
"But this time I think I`ve changed my mind a little bit. If it`s going to happen one more time, then I`m going to leave the pitch because it`s so stupid.
"I spoke with Prince. I was about to leave the pitch on Sunday, but they thought I wanted to leave because we had some difficulty with the game.
"I said `no, it`s better we play and I will talk`, that`s it. But if it wasn`t for this reason then I was going to leave the pitch on Sunday."
Roma were fined €50,000 (£42,000) on Monday by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), and the club warned their fans about future conduct.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India