India aim to finish AFC Cup on `good note`
Ramallah: India’s women`s football team will aim to finish the AFC Cup qualifiers on a “good note” when they take on Palestine in their final match here Saturday.
India have lost their previous two matches against Myanmar and Chinese Taipei, respectively, but have in no way embarrassed themselves.
In the last match India fought bravely only to be thwarted in the final minutes of the game, losing 1-2 Thursday.
Though Palestine sit at the bottom of the table of Group D conceding 15 goals in two matches, India coach Anadi Barua is not keen on taking them lightly. Rather the Coach wants to sign off on a high.
“No team can be taken lightly. They have lost two matches and will come hard at us. We have played well and want to end things on a high. We aim to finish on a good note.”
Taipei’s Yu Hsiu Chin and Lai Li Chin scored in each half to cancel out Sasmita’s Malik gem of a free kick in the 53rd minute.
Chinese Taipei coach Yen Shih Kai despite winning the match showered lavish praise on India.
“India played good football. The goal scored from the set-piece was amazing. They are a very good team. They read the game well too. We could hardly make any inroads in the first half,” Kai admitted post-match.
“It’s just that we capitalised on the two chances we got. It was indeed a hard fought win,” he added
While India coach said, “I still can’t believe we lost. It may sound stereotype but deep down inside I know that we played good football.”
“But at the same time football is all about goals. When you play good football, dominate your opponent but don’t score you are bound to lose. Both Myanmar and Taipei capitalised on the opportunities and then played clever football,” he opined.
The kick-off against Palestine Saturday is at IST 7.30 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'