India drawn in tough group in AFC Challenge Cup
New Delhi: India have been drawn in a tough group, along with formidable North Korea, in the AFC Challenge Cup football tournament which will be held in Nepal from March 8 next year.
Besides North Korea, who featured in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, other teams clubbed with India in the group are Tajikistan and Philippines.
Hosts Nepal have been drawn with Maldives, Turkmenistan and Palestine in the draw ceremony held today in Kathmandu.
India play their first match against Tajikistan on March 9. They next play Philippines on March 11 and North Korea on March 13.
Both the semifinals will be held on March 16 while the final is scheduled for March 19, an All India Football Federation release said.
India had won the 2008 edition of the AFC Challenge Cup which gave the country the right to play in the Asian Cup in Qatar in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'