India drop 10 places to 155th spot in FIFA rankings
New Delhi: In a major embarrassment, India have dropped a whopping 10 places to 155th spot in the latest FIFA rankings, issued on Thursday.
The FIFA rankings added salt to India`s wounds, a day after the country failed to defend its SAFF Cup title, losing 0-2 to Afghanistan in Kathmandu.
Wim Kovermans-coached India have 143 points in its kitty in the updated list.
By virtue of the lone international title, war-torn Afghanistan have climbed up seven places to the 132nd position.
Current World champion Spain continue to lead the FIFA rankings ahead of second-placed Argentina who have jumped two places. Germany have dropped a rung to the third spot, while Italy are placed fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred