India in SAFF Cup semis despite loss to Nepal
Kathmandu: A last gasp goal by Robin Singh in their shock 1-2 loss to Nepal carried India into the semi-finals, thanks to their win against Pakistan after the two teams were tied on goal difference at the conclusion of the group phase of the SAFF Cup football tournament here on Thursday.
Both India and Pakistan were tied on zero goal difference after Pakistan beat Bangladesh 2-1 in their last Group A match. But India moved into the final four on account of their 1-0 win against Pakistan.
Nepal also made the semi-finals as they top the teams from Group A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers