India in SAFF Cup semis despite loss to Nepal
Kathmandu: A last gasp goal by Robin Singh in their shock 1-2 loss to Nepal carried India into the semi-finals, thanks to their win against Pakistan after the two teams were tied on goal difference at the conclusion of the group phase of the SAFF Cup football tournament here on Thursday.
Both India and Pakistan were tied on zero goal difference after Pakistan beat Bangladesh 2-1 in their last Group A match. But India moved into the final four on account of their 1-0 win against Pakistan.
Nepal also made the semi-finals as they top the teams from Group A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees