India in SAFF Cup semis despite loss to Nepal
Kathmandu: A last gasp goal by Robin Singh in their shock 1-2 loss to Nepal carried India into the semi-finals, thanks to their win against Pakistan after the two teams were tied on goal difference at the conclusion of the group phase of the SAFF Cup football tournament here on Thursday.
Both India and Pakistan were tied on zero goal difference after Pakistan beat Bangladesh 2-1 in their last Group A match. But India moved into the final four on account of their 1-0 win against Pakistan.
Nepal also made the semi-finals as they top the teams from Group A.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This Islamic outfit is opposing installation of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's statue - Know why
- BSF trooper stabs colleague, escapes with weapon in J&K
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action
- AAP blames central government for action against Bhagwant Mann
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!