India leap three places to 151 in FIFA rankings
New Delhi: The Indian men`s football team has gone up three places to be ranked 151th in the FIFA rankings, which is topped by recently-crowned world champions Germany.
India, who were ranked 154th last month, have 144 points in their kitty.
Germany returned to the top of FIFA`s world rankings for the first time in around 20 years, riding on their superb show in the recently-concluded Football World Cup, where they clinched the title by defeating Argentina 1-0 at Rio de Janeiro`s Maracana in the finals.
Germany have moved up a position to be at the top of the chart.
Lionel Messi`s Argentina have gained three places to be at second spot, while the Netherlands jumped 12 rungs into third after their third-place finish at the World Cup.
The James Rodriguez-inspired Colombia earned four places to reach the fourth position, while Belgium (+6) and Uruguay (+1) also earned places to climb up the ladder to be in fifth and sixth positions, respectively.
Brazil`s not-so-impressive show at the World Cup has pushed them to number seven, a drop of four spots, while Spain fell seven spots to eighth.
Costa Rica`s remarkable run in the World Cup was rewarded with a jump of 12 places to 16th.
But England`s first round exit resulted in them losing 10 places to be at 20th spot, their lowest ranking in 18 years.
Latest FIFA rankings (top 20)
1. Germany (+1)
2. Argentina (+3)
3. Netherlands (+12)
4. Colombia (+4)
5. Belgium (+6)
6. Uruguay (+1)
7. Brazil (-4)
8. Spain (-7)
9. Switzerland (-3)
10. France (+7)
11. Portugal (-7)
12. Chile (+2)
13. Greece (-1)
14. Italy (-5)
15. USA (-2)
16. Costa Rica (+12)
17. Croatia (+1)
18. Mexico (+2)
19. Bosnia and Hercegovina (+2)
20. England (-10).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- Wimbledon 2016: Roger Federer aims to end Marcus Willis fairytale
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report