India need to look forward: Savio Mediera
Kathmandu: Indian national football team coach Savio Mediera feels that the team needed to put their poor performance behind them and look forward to the future. India are already out of the AFC Challenge Cup and play tournament favourites DPR Korea in their last Group B encounter here Tuesday.
Medeira, speaking on the sidelines of the training session, said: "Whatever had happened is past. We need to look forward. All of us need to support each other and see that whatever mistakes we have committed in the past shouldn`t be repeated."
"DPR Korea are the toughest opponent. As they have already qualified for the semis, they would not be under any pressure. We still have many things to prove," he added.
"All of us need to do a lot of introspection and then come to a conclusion. We have to take a step forward for the betterment of football in India."
Former AIFF footballer-of-the-year, defender Gourmangi Singh accepted the lack of a cohesive effort in the last two matches.
"We didn`t play as a team. The coordination and understanding wasn`t there. We are a young side, we need to develop as a team, that too, fast," he maintained.
There would be quite a few changes in the starting line-up. Central midfielder Adil Khan and striker Joaquim Abranches would be sitting out due to injury niggles.
Meanwhile, DPR Korea, who are far ahead of India in the FIFA ranking, remain the only unbeaten side in the Group so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Watch: Akshay Kumar's impressive martial arts session with IPS officers!
- Vinod Kambli defends Salman Khan, advises Gautam Gambhir not to 'become so gam'
- Philippines` Aquino vows to `neutralise` Abu Sayyaf kidnappers
- JEE Main Result 2016 declared; check on cbseresults.nic.in, jeemain.nic.in
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari equals world record in recurve event