India ranked 166th in the latest FIFA rankings
New Delhi: India have climbed the FIFA rankings ladder by three spots as they now find themselves in the 166th slot while they are placed 31st in the continent.
The Men in Blue have seen their stock rise despite playing their last game back in October when they suffered a 2-0 defeat to Singapore (154) in a friendly.`
India are ranked above Bangladesh (168), Pakistan (189), Sri Lanka (190) and Nepal (171) among the teams from the sub-continent.
The national team will be in action once again when they tackle the qualifying games for the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup. They will face Myanmar, Chinese Taipei and Guam in Group A on the 2nd, 4th and 6th of March 2013 respectively. There has been talks of organizing another friendly before then but no decision has been reached yet.
Wim Koevermans` side have closed the gap between themselves and group rivals Myanmar (162) who have dropped six places. Chinese Taipei and Guam are now ranked 169th and 181st respectively.
Japan are the highest Asian ranked nation at 22nd spot followed South Korea at 35 and Australia at 36.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India