India slip six spots to 149th in FIFA rankings
New Delhi: After last month`s surprise big jump, Indian football team lost six places to occupy 149th at the latest FIFA rankings released on Friday.
The drop in rankings was expected as India had not played any international match in the period under calculation. They had jumped 24 places last month to occupy 143rd.
India also lost three places in the rankings among Asian countries and they are now at the 25th spot.
Japan are the highest-ranked Asian country at 29th spot followed by South Korea at 42nd and Australia at 46th.
In overall rankings, world champions Spain were leading the chart followed by Germany, Argentina, Croatia, Portugal, Colombia, England, Italy, the Netherlands and Ecuador in the top 10 in that order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth