India squad announced for Women`s Asian Cup qualifiers
New Delhi: Defender Tuli Goon of West Bengal will lead a 23-member senior national squad in the AFC Women`s Asian Cup Qualifiers, the All India Football Federation announced here on Sunday.
Mid-fielder Sasmita Malik of Railways has been named as the team`s vice-captain.
India will be playing two preparatory matches against Bahrain on May 14 and 16 respectively.
India, who are in Group D, play their first match against Myanmar on May 21, followed by Chinese Taipei on May 23 and hosts Palestine on May 25.
The team is leaving this evening for Bahrain.
The 23-member squad:
Goalkeepers: Okram Roshini Devi, Tikina Samal, Usha Rani Das
Defenders: Ashem Romi Devi, Loitongbam Ashalata Devi, Suprava Samal, Gurumayum Radharani Devi, Tuli Goon (captain), Lako Phuti Bhutia, Ansha
Midfielders: Yumnam Kamala Devi, Yumlembam Premi Devi, Supriya Routray, Amoolya Kamal, Dangmei Grace, Oinam Bembem Devi, Sasmita Malik (vice-captain), Paromita Sit
Forwards: Irom Prameshwori Devi, Salam Rinaroy Devi, Jyoti Ann Burrett, Ngangom Bala Devi, Pinky Bompal Magar
Coach: Anandi Barua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'