India squad announced for Women`s Asian Cup qualifiers
New Delhi: Defender Tuli Goon of West Bengal will lead a 23-member senior national squad in the AFC Women`s Asian Cup Qualifiers, the All India Football Federation announced here on Sunday.
Mid-fielder Sasmita Malik of Railways has been named as the team`s vice-captain.
India will be playing two preparatory matches against Bahrain on May 14 and 16 respectively.
India, who are in Group D, play their first match against Myanmar on May 21, followed by Chinese Taipei on May 23 and hosts Palestine on May 25.
The team is leaving this evening for Bahrain.
The 23-member squad:
Goalkeepers: Okram Roshini Devi, Tikina Samal, Usha Rani Das
Defenders: Ashem Romi Devi, Loitongbam Ashalata Devi, Suprava Samal, Gurumayum Radharani Devi, Tuli Goon (captain), Lako Phuti Bhutia, Ansha
Midfielders: Yumnam Kamala Devi, Yumlembam Premi Devi, Supriya Routray, Amoolya Kamal, Dangmei Grace, Oinam Bembem Devi, Sasmita Malik (vice-captain), Paromita Sit
Forwards: Irom Prameshwori Devi, Salam Rinaroy Devi, Jyoti Ann Burrett, Ngangom Bala Devi, Pinky Bompal Magar
Coach: Anandi Barua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Will shoot policemen if they continue to harass BJP workers, warns BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Brazil court scraps suspension of WhatsApp
- Emaar MGF defends Rahul Gandhi, says allegations levelled by BJP MP are baseless
- Gold price slides by Rs 150 to Rs 30,100 per 10 grams
- SHOCKING! Twitterati abuse Pakistani girl, ask her 'hourly rates' as she wrote blog on 'sex as young woman'