India squad announced for Women`s Asian Cup qualifiers
New Delhi: Defender Tuli Goon of West Bengal will lead a 23-member senior national squad in the AFC Women`s Asian Cup Qualifiers, the All India Football Federation announced here on Sunday.
Mid-fielder Sasmita Malik of Railways has been named as the team`s vice-captain.
India will be playing two preparatory matches against Bahrain on May 14 and 16 respectively.
India, who are in Group D, play their first match against Myanmar on May 21, followed by Chinese Taipei on May 23 and hosts Palestine on May 25.
The team is leaving this evening for Bahrain.
The 23-member squad:
Goalkeepers: Okram Roshini Devi, Tikina Samal, Usha Rani Das
Defenders: Ashem Romi Devi, Loitongbam Ashalata Devi, Suprava Samal, Gurumayum Radharani Devi, Tuli Goon (captain), Lako Phuti Bhutia, Ansha
Midfielders: Yumnam Kamala Devi, Yumlembam Premi Devi, Supriya Routray, Amoolya Kamal, Dangmei Grace, Oinam Bembem Devi, Sasmita Malik (vice-captain), Paromita Sit
Forwards: Irom Prameshwori Devi, Salam Rinaroy Devi, Jyoti Ann Burrett, Ngangom Bala Devi, Pinky Bompal Magar
Coach: Anandi Barua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price