India squad announced for Women`s Asian Cup qualifiers
New Delhi: Defender Tuli Goon of West Bengal will lead a 23-member senior national squad in the AFC Women`s Asian Cup Qualifiers, the All India Football Federation announced here on Sunday.
Mid-fielder Sasmita Malik of Railways has been named as the team`s vice-captain.
India will be playing two preparatory matches against Bahrain on May 14 and 16 respectively.
India, who are in Group D, play their first match against Myanmar on May 21, followed by Chinese Taipei on May 23 and hosts Palestine on May 25.
The team is leaving this evening for Bahrain.
The 23-member squad:
Goalkeepers: Okram Roshini Devi, Tikina Samal, Usha Rani Das
Defenders: Ashem Romi Devi, Loitongbam Ashalata Devi, Suprava Samal, Gurumayum Radharani Devi, Tuli Goon (captain), Lako Phuti Bhutia, Ansha
Midfielders: Yumnam Kamala Devi, Yumlembam Premi Devi, Supriya Routray, Amoolya Kamal, Dangmei Grace, Oinam Bembem Devi, Sasmita Malik (vice-captain), Paromita Sit
Forwards: Irom Prameshwori Devi, Salam Rinaroy Devi, Jyoti Ann Burrett, Ngangom Bala Devi, Pinky Bompal Magar
Coach: Anandi Barua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold