India to debut at the International FCBEscola tournament
New Delhi: Nine young footballers will be representing FCBEscola India at the forthcoming International FCBEscola Tournament to be held in Barcelona from March 25 to 28.
The tournament will be held at the Mini Estadi facilities next to Camp Nou.
Out of the nine footballers, all born in 2001, five are from Goa, three from Delhi-NCR and one from Jaipur, and they are undergoing training at the FCBEscola India facility in Gurgaon.
Started in 2012, The International FCBEscola tournament is an annual competition for the FCBEscola teams worldwide.
The tournament will provide a chance for budding footballers from India to play against their peers from Japan, Brazil, South Korea, Dubai, Poland, Egypt, Kuwait and Spain.
The FCBEscola India team is in the Under-12 stage, which has a total of four groups and 22 teams. The FCBEscola India team is in Group A, along with teams from Spain, Catalonia and Brazil.
"It is a great moment for us at FCBEscola India. This is a fantastic team with nine exuberant young footballers who not only have the passion for the game but are immensely talented," Anu Jain, Director -Conscient Football, said.
"We are happy that this team is getting to participate and we hope they have a great experience and enjoy the tournament. This will be tremendous exposure for them," Director- FCBEscola India Project Antonio Claveria said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown