India to go for win against Myanmar: Wim Koevermans
Yangon (Myanmar): A draw against hosts Myanmar would see India top the group and qualify for AFC Challenge Cup 2014 in Maldives but coach Wim Koevermans says his team will only be going for a win when the two sides face off here Wednesday.
For the record, India stay at the top of the Group with six points from two matches while Myanmar, placed second are on four points from two matches.
The top team from the Group qualifies for the AFC Challenge Cup 2014 which is to be held in Maldives.
"At the back of the mind, you may be forced to think about a draw which will see us through. But we won`t play for a draw," said Koevermans.
"In such a match, there`s no place for any errors on the field. We need to keep possession and not give it away easily. In the last two matches, we have been casual at times to gift away the ball to our rivals. Against Myanmar, we can`t do that," said Mehtab Hossain who has been omnipresent on the green in the last two matches.
India`s captain Sunil Chhetri though made aware to his teammates of the large number of home fans who will be there to support their team.
"Let`s not forget they will have support from the stands and from what we saw, it`s a noisy crowd. Teams when backed by passionate fans can be very dangerous. That stays a big challenge for us," Chhetri warned.
India defeated a tricky opponent in the form of Chinese Taipei 2-1 in the opening match of the qualifying tournament and then impressed against Guam beating them 4-0 to go top of the table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45
- Meher Malik is driving internet crazy with her terrific belly moves on 'Game of Thrones' theme song!- Watch