India to host football medicine conference in 2015
New Delhi: India will be hosting the 5th AFC Medical Conference here in April 2015, the organisers announced on Tuesday, giving an opportunity to the people in the country to understand more about the medical science behind the game of football.
"After Malaysia, Japan and Oman it is now India which has been given the privilege and honour to host the biggest sports medicine conference of Asia," Organising Secretary, AFC Medical Conference-2015, PSM Chandran said in a release.
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) with the patronage of the International Football Federation (FIFA) will conduct the event from April 2-4, 2015.
All India Football Federation (AIFF) will host the conference which will see renowned expert scientists covering evidence based information on sports science and medicine.
In addition, participants will have exposure to latest medical equipment and technologies, pharmaceuticals, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, fitness equipment as well as health products during the three day programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen