India to play in football friendly against Azerbaijan
New Delhi: The Indian football team will be playing in an international friendly match against Azerbaijan in Dubai on February 27 as part of preparation for the forthcoming AFC Challenge Cup, the AIFF confirmed on Friday.
Four days before the match against Azerbaijan, the team is scheduled to play Oman in Muscat.
While India are currently ranked 158 in the FIFA rankings, Oman and Azerbaijan hold the 90th and 111th spots respectively.
The AFC Challenge Cup starts in Kathmandu, Nepal from March 8.
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2015 Asian Cup to be held in Australia.
India will go into the continental tournament as the defending champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh