India to play in football friendly against Azerbaijan
New Delhi: The Indian football team will be playing in an international friendly match against Azerbaijan in Dubai on February 27 as part of preparation for the forthcoming AFC Challenge Cup, the AIFF confirmed on Friday.
Four days before the match against Azerbaijan, the team is scheduled to play Oman in Muscat.
While India are currently ranked 158 in the FIFA rankings, Oman and Azerbaijan hold the 90th and 111th spots respectively.
The AFC Challenge Cup starts in Kathmandu, Nepal from March 8.
The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2015 Asian Cup to be held in Australia.
India will go into the continental tournament as the defending champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative