India toy with listless Bhutan in SAFF Championship
Colombo: Having already booked their place in the semifinals, a relaxed Indian women`s team simply toyed with an out of sorts Bhutan, thrashing them 11-0 in their last group engagement of the SAFF Championship here on Monday.
The goal-fest started as early as in the 14th minute when West Bengal`s Tuli Goon found the back of the net. There was no stopping the defending champions from there on. Pinky Bombal`s hattrick and Parmeshwari Devi`s double strikes highlighted India`s superlative show on the day.
Bhutan were wary of India from the beginning playing defensive football, but Oinam Bem Bem Devi and co capitalised on that and attacked mercilessly. Such has been India`s performance so far that not only have they won all three of their matches but also managed to keep a clean sheet throughout the group league.
India play their semifinal on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog