India toy with listless Bhutan in SAFF Championship
Colombo: Having already booked their place in the semifinals, a relaxed Indian women`s team simply toyed with an out of sorts Bhutan, thrashing them 11-0 in their last group engagement of the SAFF Championship here on Monday.
The goal-fest started as early as in the 14th minute when West Bengal`s Tuli Goon found the back of the net. There was no stopping the defending champions from there on. Pinky Bombal`s hattrick and Parmeshwari Devi`s double strikes highlighted India`s superlative show on the day.
Bhutan were wary of India from the beginning playing defensive football, but Oinam Bem Bem Devi and co capitalised on that and attacked mercilessly. Such has been India`s performance so far that not only have they won all three of their matches but also managed to keep a clean sheet throughout the group league.
India play their semifinal on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding