India toy with listless Bhutan in SAFF Championship
Colombo: Having already booked their place in the semifinals, a relaxed Indian women`s team simply toyed with an out of sorts Bhutan, thrashing them 11-0 in their last group engagement of the SAFF Championship here on Monday.
The goal-fest started as early as in the 14th minute when West Bengal`s Tuli Goon found the back of the net. There was no stopping the defending champions from there on. Pinky Bombal`s hattrick and Parmeshwari Devi`s double strikes highlighted India`s superlative show on the day.
Bhutan were wary of India from the beginning playing defensive football, but Oinam Bem Bem Devi and co capitalised on that and attacked mercilessly. Such has been India`s performance so far that not only have they won all three of their matches but also managed to keep a clean sheet throughout the group league.
India play their semifinal on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection