India U-16 rout Lebanon 4-1 in AFC Qualifiers
Kuwait City: India colts produced a clinical performance to rout Lebanon 4-1 in their second encounter of the U-16 AFC Qualifiers at the Sabah Al-Salem Stadium here.
Nuruddin (9th minute), Jayananda Singh (43rd), Anirudh Thapa (61st) and Bedashwor Singh (65th) scored for India, while Lebanon could find a solitary goal through Ali Kharoubi in the 58th minute, on Wednesday.
Represented by All India Football Federation`s Regional Academy boys, India now have four points from two matches and are placed second in their group.
The U-16 boys got off to a sensational start when midfielder Nuruddin blasted a longranger from 30 yards in the 9th minute which was beyond Lebanese goalkeeper Mohamad Taha`s diving effort.
Just before the half time, Jayananda doubled India`s lead against a more physical Lebanese side when he tapped Jerry Lalrinzuala`s header into the net, going into the break on a high.
In the 58th minute, Lebanon regained a bit of momentum and got one back raising hopes of comeback. But their joy was short-lived as Anirudh increased India`s lead three minutes later.
Four minutes later, Bedashwor`s goal was enough to put the tie beyond Lebanon`s reach as India registered a convincing win over their mighty opponents.
India will play Bhutan in their next group match on September 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery