India U-16 rout Lebanon 4-1 in AFC Qualifiers
Kuwait City: India colts produced a clinical performance to rout Lebanon 4-1 in their second encounter of the U-16 AFC Qualifiers at the Sabah Al-Salem Stadium here.
Nuruddin (9th minute), Jayananda Singh (43rd), Anirudh Thapa (61st) and Bedashwor Singh (65th) scored for India, while Lebanon could find a solitary goal through Ali Kharoubi in the 58th minute, on Wednesday.
Represented by All India Football Federation`s Regional Academy boys, India now have four points from two matches and are placed second in their group.
The U-16 boys got off to a sensational start when midfielder Nuruddin blasted a longranger from 30 yards in the 9th minute which was beyond Lebanese goalkeeper Mohamad Taha`s diving effort.
Just before the half time, Jayananda doubled India`s lead against a more physical Lebanese side when he tapped Jerry Lalrinzuala`s header into the net, going into the break on a high.
In the 58th minute, Lebanon regained a bit of momentum and got one back raising hopes of comeback. But their joy was short-lived as Anirudh increased India`s lead three minutes later.
Four minutes later, Bedashwor`s goal was enough to put the tie beyond Lebanon`s reach as India registered a convincing win over their mighty opponents.
India will play Bhutan in their next group match on September 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic