India U-16 rout Lebanon 4-1 in AFC Qualifiers
Kuwait City: India colts produced a clinical performance to rout Lebanon 4-1 in their second encounter of the U-16 AFC Qualifiers at the Sabah Al-Salem Stadium here.
Nuruddin (9th minute), Jayananda Singh (43rd), Anirudh Thapa (61st) and Bedashwor Singh (65th) scored for India, while Lebanon could find a solitary goal through Ali Kharoubi in the 58th minute, on Wednesday.
Represented by All India Football Federation`s Regional Academy boys, India now have four points from two matches and are placed second in their group.
The U-16 boys got off to a sensational start when midfielder Nuruddin blasted a longranger from 30 yards in the 9th minute which was beyond Lebanese goalkeeper Mohamad Taha`s diving effort.
Just before the half time, Jayananda doubled India`s lead against a more physical Lebanese side when he tapped Jerry Lalrinzuala`s header into the net, going into the break on a high.
In the 58th minute, Lebanon regained a bit of momentum and got one back raising hopes of comeback. But their joy was short-lived as Anirudh increased India`s lead three minutes later.
Four minutes later, Bedashwor`s goal was enough to put the tie beyond Lebanon`s reach as India registered a convincing win over their mighty opponents.
India will play Bhutan in their next group match on September 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users