New Delhi: India take on Nepal on Monday in an international friendly in Pune as part of preparation for their World Cup Qualifier against Iran on September 8.
Though the home side will start as clear favorites, fans will want the team to make a statement especially with the match against mighty Iran in mind.
The Indian team suffered a shock 1-2 defeat against tiny island nation Guam in their last outing.
Hence the Blue Tigers will be determined to get back to winning ways against Nepal at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Balewadi.
Here are are seven interesting facts as the two neighbors go head-to-head:
1) In the FIFA rankings, Nepal find themselves on 184th spot while India are 156th.
2) In their previous 19 meetings, India have won on 12 occasions and Nepal on 4.
3) This will be Nepal's first international match since the earthquake in April earlier in the year.
4) India beat Nepal 2-0 at home and drew 0-0 away when the two teams last played in the World Cup qualifiers.
5) This will be Patrick Aussems' first match as Nepal's head coach.
6) Current Indian head coach Stephen Constantine managed the Nepal national team between 1999-2001
7) On this day in 2012, India won their second Nehru Cup beating Syria on penalties at Ambedkar Stadium.