Indian footballers lose their cool in SAFF Cup
New Delhi: Defending champions India`s average performance in the ongoing SAFF Championship in Kathmandu is taking a toll on the team camaraderie.
There were ugly scenes after the team`s 1-1 draw with Bangladesh as Mehtab Hussain and Mohanraj Nallappan were involved in an exchange of words Tuesday.
Team sources revealed that Nalappan charged at Hussain after the match ended.
"The two players were having some problems during the match. After the final whistle when the players were walking out, Hussain said something to Nalappan who charged at him. It was only after fellow players intervened that the situation could be brought under control," a team official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said.
The All India Football Federation, however, tried to play down the incident and said it was blown out of proportions.
India are going through a lean phase in the competition. They scraped through with a 1-0 own goal win against Pakistan while Sunil Chettri`s last minute strike saved them the blushes and enabled 1-1 draw against Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'