Indian owned Blackburn manager Kean at center of internet storm
London: Blackburn manager Steve Kean, who is due to meet the club’s Indian owners, Venky’s, on Tuesday, is at the centre of an internet storm after footage appeared to show him making expletive-laden allegations about his predecessor Sam Allardyce.
The video footage emerged on YouTube on Monday night was filmed by fans in a bar in Hong Kong during Blackburn``s pre-season tour of the Far East last summer.
The video is likely to prove hugely embarrassing and potentially damaging for Kean just a week after he presided over the club’s relegation from the Premier League.
Attempts to contact Blackburn officials to discuss the footage proved unsuccessful last night, The Telegraph reports.
During the clip, Kean is shown talking of his involvement in the rise to prominence of former Blackburn defender Phil Jones, who was sold to Manchester United for 16.5 million pounds last June.
But Kean’s comments about Allardyce, now managing West Ham United, could lead to the Scot being questioned by the game’s authorities in order to explain his remarks.
Kean has been forced to endure a campaign by Blackburn’s supporters to force him out of the club, with the fans also targeting poultry processors Venky’s, The Telegraph reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JKBOSE class 10 re-evaluation result 2015 declared; check Jkbose.co.in
- Ten things women hate about men!
- MHADA lottery 2016: Now, book your dream home in Mumbai, MHADA online form available here
- 10-wicket haul vs Pakistan or bowling with a broken jaw: Which is your favourite Anil Kumble moment?
- UP Basic Training Certificates: Registration opens for 2-year BTC diploma course for filling assistant teachers' jobs