Iniesta hoping to end career with Barcelona
London: The Spain midfielder hopes to play with the Blaugrana until he retires from the game, but says he must maintain his current performances at Camp Nou to do so.
Andres Iniesta would love to finish his career at Barcelona but admitted his stay at Camp Nou depends on the quality of his performances in years to come.
Xavi, Carles Puyol and Lionel Messi are among those who have revealed their desire to retire at the Catalunya club.
The Spain international, whose current deal runs until 2015, says that a new contract has not been discussed but that he has no desire of moving away from the Blaugrana.
"Finishing here would be very special," Iniesta told Catalunya Radio. “I would love it, it’s my dream.
"At the moment we are not talking [about a contract renewal], but I do not understand why it would be very difficult.
"When the club wants you and you want to be there, there is no need to do much talking."
Iniesta remains one of the very best players on the planet, as evidenced by his Ballon d’Or nomination alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, though he admitted that remaining at Camp Nou hinges on maintaining his form.
He added: "My performances will mark how far I get."
Iniesta has been an ever-present part of the Barca teams which have swept aside most opponents this season, with only two points having been dropped in 17 matches in La Liga.
Tito Vilanova’s side sit 16 points ahead of Real Madrid at the turn of 2013 and it would be an enormous surprise if the reigning Primera champions caught the Blaugrana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP