Injured Aguero ruled out of Manchester City’s trip to Aston Villa
Manchester: The Argentine will not be risked at Villa Park after picking up a knock against Manchester United but should be fit to face Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has revealed that Sergio Aguero will miss Saturday`s trip to Aston Villa.
The Argentine international scored twice in Sunday`s 4-1 thrashing of neighbours Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium but picked up an injury during the game.
While Pellegrini expects the striker to be fit in time for Wednesday`s Champions League game against Bayern Munich, he confirmed that his star will not be risked at Villa Park.
"Aguero finished the last derby in the last play with a small pain - I think it was nothing important but I think it was a risk for him to play three games in the same week," he told reporters.
"We will leave him for next Wednesday but he will be absolutely fine."
David Silva is also expected to miss out once again as he recovers from a thigh problem, with Pellegrini explaining that he has an outside chance of playing on Wednesday, adding only: "We will see in the week."
The City boss also insists that his team will not be distracted by the upcoming clash against the European champions and will need to play well to beat Paul Lambert`s side.
"I am sure nobody is thinking about Bayern Munich. We are all thinking about Aston Villa," he remarked.
"We know it is a strong team playing at home. We need to play a very good game if we want to win and we need to win away now."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued